Is Protected PCI with Impella®
Right for You?
Answer a few questions to see if you may be a candidate.
Improve your quality of life. Protected PCI with Impella can be a safe treatment option to address severe coronary artery disease or advanced heart failure.
In a clinical trial, 8 of every 10 patients experienced quality of life improvements. Their native heart function recovered and heart failure symptoms diminished in just 90 days after a Protected PCI procedure as compared to other forms of treatment.1
You may be a candidate for Protected PCI with Impella if:
- Your heart team has told you that angioplasty or stent placement is too risky
- There’s nothing more your physician can do to address your symptoms
- You are not a candidate for surgery due to your risk factors
- You have other health concerns that increase the risk of traditional stenting or heart surgery such as chronic kidney disease
- O’Neill, W.W., et al. (2012). Circulation, 126(14), 1717-1727.