The World’s Smallest 5.0 L/min Heart Pump
The Impella 5.0 catheter is an intravascular microaxial blood pump that delivers up to 5.0 L/min of forward flow blood from the left ventricle to the aorta.
The Impella 5.0 can be inserted into the left ventricle via femoral cut down or through the axillary artery. The Impella 5.0 pump goes through the ascending aorta, across the valve and into the left ventricle.
Micro-Axial Blood Pump
- Delivers forward-flow from the left ventricle to the aorta
- 9 Fr catheter-based platform
- 21 Fr micro-axial pump
- Minimal bedside support
Single Access Point
- Minimally invasive placement through a single artery and into the left ventricle
- Several options for access site
- No septal puncture
- No priming/no blood outside the body
- Multiple large bore cannulae not required